For the Kebabs:
1.5 cup boiled black chickpeas
1/2 cup bread crumps
1 large onion finely chopped
1-2 tablespoon red chilly powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon salt or as per your taste
For the parathas:
1 cup wheat flour
1/2-n2/3 cup water
1/4 ablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon oil
extra oil for roasting paratha and kebabs
Preparation of the dough:
- Add salt, baking powder and oil to the flour. Mix the flour well.
- Add water and make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid or damp cloth and leave it on the side till required.
Preparation of Kebabs:
- Put the boiled chickpeas in a food processor and process to a coarse texture.
- Add the coarsely ground chickpeas to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the kebab and mix well.
- Take about 2 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a long shape about 3 inches long.
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining mixture. In all you should get about 8-10 kebabs.
- Heat oil in a wide pan over medium heat for shallow frying.
- Place 4 -5 kebabs in the hot oil and shallow fry them, rolling them over frequently so they brown evenly.
- Fry till they are golden brown in colour.
Preparation of parathas:
- Heat a frying pan or tawa over medium heat.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a ball.
- Using extra flour, roll the dough into a circle of nearly 8-9″ in diameter.
- Roast the paratha on both sides without oil and keep on the side.
Preparation of Veg Kebab Paratha:
- Take one roasted paratha, put in on the tawa or frying pan.
- Drizzle little oil around it and cook on both sides till small brown specks appear on both sides. Don’t over roast the parathas as you need to fold them.
- Repeat step 2 with the remaining parathas.
- Take about a tablespoonful of yogurt and smear it on the paratha.
- Add the chutney and spread it.
- Add chopped onions in the middle.
- Arrange two kebab pieces on the paratha.
- Carefully roll the paratha.
- Veg kebab paratha is ready to serve.